Shark ADVICE for SMN receivers at Busselton and FloreatCurrent Alerts and Warnings
The partial outage in the shark notification system has been restored, with repairs now complete for the Department of Fisheries Shark Monitoring Network receivers at Busselton and Floreat.
- Tagged shark detections from the Shark Monitoring Network receivers at Busselton and Floreat have been fully restored today.
- Favourable weather conditions in the past two days have allowed departmental staff to safely conduct the infield operations to be able to bring them back online.
- Work had commenced on the Floreat receiver on 20 August, with a new generation VR4G receiver being placed onsite, but weather conditions deteriorated and staff were unable to safely complete the final steps to enable the receiver to be brought online.
What to do:
- Keep informed of the latest detection and sighting information by checking the SharkSmart website or Surf Life Saving WA’s Twitter feed.
- If you see a shark, report it to Water Police on 9442 8600.
- All shark sighting information reported to Water Police is provided to response agencies and to the public on the SharkSmart website and Surf Life Saving WA Twitter feed.