Shark WARNING for Cape NaturalisteCurrent Alerts and Warnings
A shark WARNING has been issued for the area between Other Side of the Moon Surf Spot and Windmills Surf Spot around Cape Naturaliste after an increased number of reported shark sightings over the weekend.
- Reports of several large sharks, species unknown have been reported over the weekend.
- 2 x 3m sharks sighted were sighted on 21/02, and 1 x 3m shark was sighted on 20/02 at Other Side of the Moon Surf Spot, south of Cape Naturaliste.
- 2 x 3m sharks were sighted on 21/02, at the adjacent Windmills Surfing Spot, south of Cape Naturaliste.
- It is possible that the frequency of the recent reported sightings may increase the likelihood of encountering a shark in this area.
- The change in activity may be due to environmental conditions. There have been reports of unusually high numbers of schooling tuna in the area.